AVIZVA values your relationship with us and recognises the importance of respecting and protecting your personal information and privacy.
This policy along with any other resources referred to in it set out the basis on which any personal information you provide to us or data we collect about you from other sources will be processed by us. Process includes collecting, storing, and using the information.
Please read this policy carefully as it sets out what you can expect from us and gives you our contact details if you wish to ask any questions or raise concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
Data protection legislation gives you a number of rights to protect you against an organisation mishandling your personal information. It is important that you understand your rights and, in this document, we have set out what those rights are and how you can exercise your rights in respect of AVIZVA’s processing of your personal information.
How we collect your personal information
Information you provide to us – You may provide us with information when you are:
1. Accessing our sites. This includes information that you provide when you register to use any of our sites, products or services, subscribe to one of our services, search for a product, place an order, participate in a discussion group, make an application for employment or report a problem with our site or request content or other information from us.
2. Corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, financial details, academic institution, aﬃliation, job title, subject specialism.
Information we collect about you – We may also process certain personal information about you which you have not provided to us yourself.
In limited circumstances, we may collect data that you have made available in the public domain, such as your contact details, research interests. When we do this, we carefully consider whether to do so is in your interest and any impact on your rights, and your right to object to this and to unsubscribe from any communications from us.
We may obtain your personal details as a result of a journal transfer or business acquisition, or from societies and associations that we work with.
How we use your information and the lawful bases for that processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To deliver our products and services to you – we may use your personal information to:
a. Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (as is necessary for the performance of those contracts)
b. Notify you about changes to our service (as is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party and / or as is necessary for our legitimate interests)
2. To improve the effectiveness of our products, services and marketing communications – we may use your personal information (in each case as is necessary for our legitimate interests or exceptionally where you have given your consent) to:
a. Administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
b. Improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
c. Keep our sites safe and secure
d. Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we deliver to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
e. Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, provided that you have not told us that you do not wish to receive this information (as is necessary for our legitimate interests)
f. Make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that we believe may interest you, based on your previous transactions, behaviour, subject interests and other information that we may hold about you and your institution or organisation.
Sharing information with third parties
For the purposes referred to in this policy and relying on the bases for processing as set out above, we may share your personal information amongst businesses in AVIZVA.
How long do we keep your information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to finalise any transaction with you. We will normally retain your information for five (5) years after your last recorded interaction with AVIZVA although there may be exceptions to this, for example where we have a legal obligation to retain information for a longer period.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
1. To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
2. To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
3. To require us to erase your personal information;
4. To require us to restrict our data processing activities;
5. Where our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
6. Where the processing is carried out by automated means, to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you (including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller)
7. To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about anything you have read on this page or you are concerned how your personal information has been handled by AVIZVA, you can contact our Brand Team at email@example.com.
If we make changes to this policy, we will detail them on this page. If it is appropriate, we may provide you with details by email. We suggest that you regularly visit this page to see any changes or updates to this policy. This policy was last updated in July,2023.
Your acceptance of these terms
We reserve the right to monitor your use of the site and to determine if you comply with our terms and the right, in its sole discretion.
Cookies may enable a site to save certain information, such as to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time so that you do not have to re-enter the information when revisiting the site or browsing from one page to another.
Quality Policy Statement
AVIZVA’s business is based on collaboration with customers, partners and suppliers around the world. AVIZVA recognises the need to focus its business on ensuring high-quality performance throughout the organisation. Our complete reliability across every aspect of our business results from our total dedication to quality standards. The Company is dedicated to the quality policy, which will ensure that its services meet the requirements of its customers.
This commitment to quality is based on effective and consistent operational systems that are continually monitored.
The primary goal of our company is the satisfaction of customer needs. The Company meets this goal by continually improving its activities. This improvement is achieved by establishing measurable quality objectives at all levels of the organisation. Performance against these objectives and opportunities for improvement are regularly evaluated and responded to using the Company’s Management Review process.